Sunday, July 29, 2018

Rice Part I - Types of Nasi in Malaysia

I love to eat rice but due to aging and wishes to stay healthy, I have reduced my portion of rice for every meal. From one big bowl, to half and then to maybe quarter and sometimes just 2 to 3 spoonful. Even though I love rice but the types of rice that I had in Malaysia is very little. Out of curiosity, I asked my friends the types of rice in Malaysia via Facebook. Oh my... the response, is out of my expectation. I guess not only I love rice, but most Malaysians. 



Here are the types of rice listed down by my friends: 
  1. Nasi Lemak
  2. Nasi Kerabu
  3. Nasi Ulam
  4. Nasi Kunyit
  5. Nasi Goreng
  6. Nasi Ayam
  7. Nasi Ambeng or Nasi Ambang
  8. Nasi Briyani
  9. Nasi Bojari
  10. Nasi Nyamuk
  11. Nasi Keladi
  12. Nasi Kukus Ayam Berempah
  13. Nasi Dagang
  14. Nasi Minyak
  15. Nasi Ayam
  16. Nasi Rendang
  17. Nasi Kandar
  18. Nasi Pulut
  19. Nasi Impit
  20. Nasi Tomato
  21. Nasi Tumpang
  22. Nasi Beringin 
  23. Nasi Hujan Panas
  24. Nasi Komok
  25. Nasi Mandy
  26. Nasi Lemuni
  27. Nasi Daging Kedah
  28. Nasi Kebuli Pahang
  29. Linopot
  30. Burasak
  31. Nasi Kabsah
  32. Nasi Kacang Panjang
  33. Nasi 7 Benua
  34. Nasi Berlauk
  35. Nasi Sumatera
  36. Nasi Bujang

It will take more than month just to finish the types of rice that listed down by the friends. I have only tasted only 10 out the list. I am sure there are more but the list is exhausted at the moment. I suddenly feel so full after typing all the rice from Facebook. 

I will try to make the rice in the list... but not all, for sure. 



No comments:

Post a Comment