Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Lunch Box with Panasonic NN-SV30


From Left to Right: 
- Lunch for myself (Tempura Prawn with Stir Fry Mushroom with Spring Onions)
- Li Li's lunch (Konlo Hakka Noodles with Roasted Chicken Wing and Cucumber)
- Li Li's dinner (same like mine)
- Our Soup: Seaweed with Fishballs

Preparing meals for family can be pretty headache at times. What to cook, how to cook it fast are always in my mind. Well, I enjoy cooking and like to experience with all my home gadgets. I spent 2 hours this morning with my Panasonic NN-SV30. This 2 hours including cutting, washing, packing and having breakfast. So, is quite ok as I am still new to this microwave oven. 

Today's Menu: 
- Roasted Chicken Wing with Konlo Hakka Noodles
- Tempura Prawn and Stir Fry Mushroom with Spring Onions
- Seaweed with Fish Balls soup

I cooked as the sequence below so that I don't have to waste my time. 

    White Rice: 
  1. I like to soak my rice before I cook them. So this is the first thing I did before anything else. 
  2. Washed 1.5 cups of rice, soak them in the microwavable pot for at least 30 mins.
  3. While soaking the rice, you may start cooking the Tempura Prawn and then followed by the roasted chicken wing. 
  4. Put the pot in. Choose Auto Cook Menu Casserole Rice, less. 
  5. The rice came out is fluffy and soft. 

    Tempura Prawn: 
  1. I bought the ready to cook tempura prawn, align them on the grill tray.
  2. Put in the grill tray, choose Auto Cook Menu 13 Fried Chicken, Less (the prawns are pretty small), then Start.
  3. It takes about 12 to 15 minutes to cook. Can't remember as I move to prepare other stuffs the moment I inserted the grill tray. 
  4. While cooking the tempura prawns, I prepared the ingredients for Stir Fried Mushroom with Spring Onion. 
Roasted Chicken Wing:
  1. Marinated with Salt, Pepper, Maple Syrup, Shao Xing Wine, Dark Soy Sauce, Soy Sauce and ginger over night. 
  2. Put the chicken wings on the grill tray, choose Auto Cook Menu 13 Fried Chicken, medium (I have only 9 pieces), then Start. 
  3. It takes about 20 mins to cook. 
    Hakka Noodles: 
  1. Boiled water for cooking the Hakka Noodles while waiting for the chicken to be done. 
  2. Slice shallots, garlic and wet with oil in a bowl. 
  3. Put the bowl in the microwave oven, select 700W, cook for 3 minutes.
  4. Add in Soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, fish sauce, dark soy sauce, pepper, mix well and pour in the noodles. Toss and set aside. 

    Stir Fry Mushroom with Spring Onions:
  1. I used canned mushroom. 
  2. Cut, washed, and put on a flat plate together with onion and oil. Microwave for 2 minutes at 700W. 
  3. Add in carrot, spring onion, sauce (left over from the chicken marinate) and microwave for another 3 / 4 minutes at 700W. 

All Done in 1.5 hours. Oil Free, Smoke Free and Hassle Free. You just need to be systematic while you are preparing lunch box. 








No comments:

Post a Comment